Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 10

January 7, 2014

Hello everyone, another week has gone by. Today is 0° with the wind chill between -25° to -40° so there are not many outside activities, needless to say. Since I surrendered to Riker Island on June 21, 2012 more than six months have passed.  I think back on those six months so often and realize all that I have missed. My niece’s sweet 16, my aunt’s 75th birthday, my dad’s birthday on August 17, my mom’s birthday on September 13, a cousin’s wedding, Thanksgiving, my son’s birthday on December 19, a baby shower for my daughter, Christmas eve and Christmas day, New Year’s Eve, and of course, New Year’s Day. More than 182 days that I can never get back.
I suffered for 18 years in an abusive marriage and then waited more than 3 ½ years for trial and I am still suffering almost 6 years after this tragedy I feel that this is never going to end. But then I think of all the good. Two great children with wonderful spouses, a great family support system and friends I cannot thank you enough.
I have my health and I no longer lead to look over my shoulder or cringe waiting for the next attack by a man that I thought love me. Life is okay and God is good.


Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment